Hi! My name is Melinda “Millie” K. Dooley, and I’m a teacher and tutor in Colorado Springs, Colorado–but I also tutor online! I’m available to tutor you.
I have an MS in Biology, and experience teaching high school science–from Biology to Chemistry to Environmental Science–and special education.
I’ve been tutoring my peers, especially in math and science, since I was in elementary school. I figure, I don’t truly understand a topic until I can teach it to someone else. As a tutor, I have the chance to do just that!
Subjects I Have Tutored:
- Elementary School Math
- Middle School Math
- Algebra I
- College Algebra
- Math for the SAT
- Math for the ASVAB
- Biology – introductory, AP, College, whatever
- Chemistry – introductory
- Environmental Science – intro, AP, college
- Science writing, including lab reports
- Elementary School Science
- Middle School Science
- Microscopy for all ages
- Elementary School English Language Arts
- Middle School English Language Arts
- Encouraging reading and writing, generally or specifically, for all ages and stages of reading in English
- English Language Learners – I’ve tutored young learners and adults, in everything from basic to academic and professional English
- Composition – I’ll help you write stuff, whatever the level
- Reading Comprehension
- Word Knowledge and Paragraph Comprehension for the ASVAB
- College, Grad School, Work Applications
- I’ll help you plan your attack, scheduling vital dates and prioritizing appropriately
- Proofread applications
- I’ll help create, edit, and proofread your resume
- Personal statements – I can help from start to finish!
- Exam Prep
- AP Exams
- Environmental Science
- AP Exams
- Study Skills
- Time Management
- Being a Good Student in General
Blogging About Learning
I also blog here and at Medium.com. Here, I focus on education and academic enrichment, but on Medium, I write on anything that strikes my fancy. In fact, if you want to improve your English skills, reading and writing on Medium is a great way to express yourself, get feedback, and start making new friends. Play your cards right, and you could even make some coffee money with it, someday. Use my link if you decide to pay for a membership, and I’ll get a small portion of your fee at no extra cost to you.